POSITION – FINANCE & ADMINISTRATION MANAGER
Job Title: Finance & Administration Manager – Netball World Cup 2023
Reporting to: Head of Finance Location: Cape Town
Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract from 01 July 2022 to 30 September 2023
Start Date: 01 July 2022
Gross Package: Market Related
FINANCE & ADMINISTRATION MANAGER
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a detail-oriented Finance & Administration Manager to manage our financial administration, bookkeeping and assist with our event and company compliance requirements. You will be assisting the Head of Finance with the day-to-day financial & administrational operations and statutory requirements for the Netball World Cup. This role maintains office services by organizing office operations and procedures, preparing payroll, controlling correspondence, designing filing systems, reviewing and approving supply requisitions, and assigning and monitoring clerical functions.
To ensure success as a Finance & Administration Manager you should possess strong knowledge of administration, office, bookkeeping, reporting & accounting practices, with the ability to use your technical knowledge and experience to implement, recommend and improve processes and procedures at this exciting event.
The successful incumbent will be someone who can withstand the pressure surrounding events and accounting, compliance and administration deadlines, who possess meticulous attention to detail and someone who can take initiative.
Most importantly this person will have a passion for a fast moving sports industry and a netball world cup tournament that promises to be the best the World has seen.
- Preparing payments and payment reconciliations and submissions to Management
- Allocating costs and cost centres and reporting on expenditure and budgets
- Assisting in the monthly management accounts; reconciling the accounts payable, accounts receivable and general ledger
- Preparing schedules and breakdowns of expenses and income under guidance and with support of the Head of Finance
- Preparing supplier briefs and requests for services and analysing, breaking down and presenting quotes against budget and expectation
- Preparing daily, weekly and monthly financial reports plus any ad hoc reports when required for the Head of Finance
- Assisting the Head of Finance with budgets and identifying variances with explanatory narratives
- Preparing VAT201 reconciliations and submissions to SARS
- Reconciling bank accounts, credit cards and the payment schedule
- Ensuring suppliers are paid within terms and loaded onto the bank’s system
- Providing general assistance to the Head of Finance
- Supports company operations by maintaining office systems and supervising staff.
- Maintains office services by organizing office operations and procedures, controlling correspondence, designing filing systems, reviewing and approving supply requisitions, and assigning and monitoring clerical functions.
- Provides historical reference by defining procedures for retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of records.
- Designs and implements office policies by establishing standards and procedures, measuring results against standards, and making necessary adjustments.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees and following up on work results.
- Keeps management informed by reviewing and analyzing special reports, summarizing information, and identifying trends.
- Supports finance objectives by assisting in preparation of event and monthly budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND GENERAL REQUIREMENTS:
- A minimum of five to ten years’ work experience in a finance & administration role including a minimum of 5 years in finance as a bookkeeper and or finance manager.
- Appropriate degree or diploma in finance
- Appropriate degree or diploma in administration
- A valid Code B Driver’s license
- Solid knowledge of payroll and finance principles, processes and procedures.
- Solid understanding of local tax legislation and practices.
- Adequate knowledge of bookkeeping practices and accounting standards, specifically XERO.
- Competent using Microsoft Office including Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Strong problem-solving skills with excellent numeracy skills, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff at all levels.
- Good time management and organisational skills.
- Ability and adaptable when working under pressure and meeting deadlines.
- Able to maintain confidentiality, tact, and discretion at all times.
- Outstanding organisational and time management skills;
- Familiarity with office equipment and applications (e.g., e-calendars and copy machines)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Discretion and confidentiality
- Be able to work long hour
All application to be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org |
Subject field of email: Finance & Admin Manager
Closing date: 24 June 2022