POSITION – Digital Marketing and Content Officer
Job Title: Digital Marketing and Content Officer – Netball World Cup 2023
Reporting to: Head of Marketing
Primary Location: Cape Town
Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract from 01 August 2022 to 31 September 2023
Start Date: 01 August 2022
Gross Package: Market related
As part of the Marketing and Communications team this post plays a key role in helping to raise the profile and awareness of the Netball World Cup 2023 brand through the implementation and coordination of a range of marketing, communications and mobilisation activity, with particular responsibility for co-ordinating the World Cup’s online marketing activity. The role holder is responsible for digital content creation and management, and for developing and maintaining the online presence of the World Cup on its website, intranet, social media and partner websites. The role holder will work as part of a small team on the design and maintenance of our online presence, in order to raise the impact and profile of the Netball World Cup 2023. Based in the Marketing and Communications team, the role holder will work closely cross-functionally. The role holder will join up website design, content, creative digital features and new technologies.
The ideal candidate is passionate about social media, knows the latest trends and understands how brands are activating paid partnership posts across social. They have excellent organization and communications skills and can manage multiple projects to meet deadlines.
- Lead with content planning for branded content across the Netball World Cup 2023 social and digital platforms for daily and nightly publishing
- Work with internal teams to ideate and create unique video, photo and graphic
content around Nebtball World Cup partnerships that is optimized for each social media platform
- Coordinate publishing of branded content posts with World Netball social media publishing team
- Ability to assist with publishing on World Netball social platforms when need
- Analyze metrics and optimize content to continue to increase views and engagement
- Implement all editorial requirements (text, data/statistics, photo, graphics, audio and video) for delivery of standard competition and corporate coverage and campaigns across Netball World Cup 2023 digital platforms according to deadline and budget.
- Content creation for Netball World Cup 2023.
- Input/Output: Focus on output by maintaining a close cross-functional collaboration with other communications colleagues in creating and publishing content as part of product delivery on all Netball World Cup 2023 channels, syndication/distribution platforms and other media.
- Deliver content/campaign requirements (with an emphasis on digital communication methods) to promote individual stakeholder activities on and around the tournament, in line with the Netball World Cup 2023 vision.
- Support the management of an external content and campaign team (newsroom – text, data, documentation (PDFs), photography and multimedia services) to ensure the necessary editorial resources are available (on-site and off-site) to deliver content in an effective and efficient manner according to the agreed content plan.
- Implement the editorial positioning for World Cup 2023 corporate and competition activities in line with management guidelines across owned and operated channels and in collaboration with colleagues in Cape Town
- Support the delivery of relevant streamed and distributed audio and video content for Netball World Cup 2023 corporate and competition activities according to agreed procedures (e.g., delivering video news releases (VNRs) and respecting relevant media rights agreements.
- Ensure digital is the preferred means of communication for all outputs and implementing tools needed to replace written editorial publications and/or PDFs.
- When required, support other Netball World Cup 2023 needs in terms of ordering and publishing content for use on Netball World Cup 2023’s digital platforms.
- Support the development and cross-divisional application of a content style guide that upholds Netball World Cup’s standards, values and style across all activities that ensures World Cup’s image and reputation is always considered across all media.
- Any other duties that may be required.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND GENERAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Proven experience (4+ years) working in an international sport and/or media organisation – with a specific background in Netball and/or journalism
- Solid experience coordinating successful communications campaigns
- Digital communications expertise and the ability to build and maintain an audience and maintain interest over time
- Expertise in video production and social media as well as standard messaging and content creation
- Advanced MS Office skills
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills and management of messaging and media
- Creative and innovative
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Attention to detail, discreet
- Team player
- Excellent understanding and identification with Netball
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not hear from us within 2 weeks after submitting your application, please consider your application as unsuccessful
All application to be sent to:
Closing date: 27 June 2022