Job Title: Accommodation Manager
Reporting to: Head of Operations
Primary Location: Cape Town
Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract from 01 September 2022 to 31 September 2023
Start Date: 01 September 2022
Gross Package: Market related
The Accommodation Manager working in the Operations Directorate and reporting directly to the Head of Operations, the post-holder will lead in all aspects of coordinating and liaising to meet the needs of athletes, officials, dignitaries, guests, World Netball, sponsors, media, and broadcasters together with workforce and volunteers. The successful candidate will have previous experience of managing the accommodation process at major events and will be able to demonstrate excellent attention to detail and communication skills. Sharing innovative thoughts and applying learnings from previous experience will allow the successful candidate to be instrumental in establishing a successful accreditation programme across all client groups and venues. The Accommodation programme will be delivered by third-party delivery organisations in conjunction with Netball World Cup 2023, and the Accommodation Manager will have responsibility for working with the appointed suppliers to ensure the events requirements are met. This is a unique opportunity to contribute to the success of the World Cup.
- Act as the point of contact between teams, officials, dignitaries, guests, World Netball, sponsors, media, and broadcasters together with workforce and volunteers and identified hotels to ensure smooth guest experience
- Assist to development, improvement, documentation, and implementation of specific event procedures and systems
- Work in various systems to record, process, and manage hotel inventories and reservations.
- Work in various systems to record, process, and manage hotel inventories and reservations
- Assist in creating and distributing event-related communications to applicable recipients
- Work closely with the Operations Project Manager in the setting, ongoing monitoring and final delivery of the agreed Key Performance Indicators attributed to the World Cup
- Provide reports and information as required to the Netball World Cup 2023 management team including highlight reports, issues log and risk register.
- Execute all other duties assigned by the team or leadership.
- Help organize site inspections of procured accommodations
It is also expected the responsibilities of this role will develop further during the lifespan of the event.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND GENERAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Proven experience (4+ years) working in an international sport and/or media organisation
- Experience in handling groups allotments, rooming lists and group billing.
- Travel & Hospitality experience
- Advanced MS Office skills
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills and management of messaging and media
- Creative and innovative
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Attention to detail, discreet
- Team player
- Excellent understanding and identification with Netball
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not hear from us within 2 weeks after submitting your application, please consider your application as unsuccessful
All application to be sent to:
Closing date: 05 August 2022