POSITION – HEAD OF MARKETING, MEDIA, PUBLIC RELATIONS & COMMERCIAL
Job Title: Head of Marketing, Media, Public Relations & Commercial – Netball World Cup 2023
Reporting to: Tournament Director
Primary Location: Cape Town
Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract from 01 October 2022 – 31 October 2023
Start Date 1 October 2022
Gross Package: Market related
This is an exciting time for women’s sport, and we are looking for a candidate who helps to achieve our vision of delivering the best world championship in women’s sport. The Head of Marketing, Media, Public Relations and Commercial will be responsible for the development and execution of all marketing, communications and ticketing strategies and activities to promote the event to stakeholders and potential international and national spectators.
The ideal candidate needs to be a hardworking professional with a passion for marketing and statistics. They must be capable of execution of strategic marketing plans and measuring their performance. The Head of Marketing, Media, Public Relations and Commercial will craft, develop and grow the brand of the NWC2023 in a unique, compelling and effective way.
The Head of Marketing, Media, Public Relations and Commercial will be one of the first people in the Company’s team to be employed and as such, will need to be comfortable acting without a full support team.
The Head of Marketing, Media, Public Relations and Commercial will work closely with the Tournament Director and Head of Operations to coordinate internal communications and enhance the Netball World Cup experience. The candidate will assist the Tournament Director to drive profitability through brand strategy.
The successful candidate has the responsibility for developing and achieving commercial, sponsorship, marketing and communications strategies and programs in order to assist with realisation the overall event objectives of the Netball World Cup 2023.
The Head of Marketing, Media, Public Relations and Commercial will primarily be responsible to lead, direct and implement marketing communications and sponsorship strategies in order to build and maximizing relationships between national and international stakeholders, commercial agencies and sponsors.
This includes sponsor prospecting, proposal customisations and presentation, contractual revisions and effective servicing in order to secure legal licensing for merchandising, hospitality and ticketing of and by sponsors.
The Head of Marketing, Media, Public Relations and Commercial will also be responsible for, assisting and securing domestic broadcasting rights, city dressing and fan zoning for the Netball World Cup 2021.
The ideal candidate must be someone with excellent communications skills who is eager and capable of developing a very large sponsors base for the Netball World Cup 2023
- Lead the development and implementation of the marketing, communications and ticketing strategies and activities, delivering them on time, within budget, to a consistently high standard and achieving pre-set targets
- Manage the marketing, communications, and ticketing resources to best deliver the tournament’s objectives
- To appoint and manage appropriate agencies to deliver services in support of the tournament, such as a website and digital media, PR activities etc.
- To manage the Netball World Cup 2023 brand, including overseeing the development and set-up of the event venue as well as City dressing
- To assist with and finalise the development of presentations for the event, including the content of the Opening and Closing ceremonies
- As part of the LOC, plan and implement the operational requirements relating to the marketing, communication, ticketing, and PR activities of the tournament
- Facilitate the tender processes for key contracts including: marketing, ticketing and the event look and feel
- Work closely with Netball World Cup Board and its stakeholders to ensure a detailed and consistent message deck is in place for all the events
- To support the Commercial Agency and NWC2023 Head of Operations in the delivery of the commercial strategies, including, but not limited to, sponsor servicing, licensing, merchandising, hospitality and fan packages
- To work with other functional areas leading the spectator experience programme for the event
- To oversee the media operational aspects of the Netball World Cup and compliance with all contractual requirements
- To act as an ambassador and advocate of the Netball World Cup 2023, at all times promoting the key organisational messages and always presenting the sport, event and its people in a positive light
- To undertake such duties as may be required from time to time as are consistent with the responsibilities of the post and the needs of the event.
- Promoting and ensuring agent understanding
- Effectively communicate all internal changes & news
- Establish the effective and systematic co-ordination of internal communications
- Establishing and operating an effective and codified system to reduce friction between stakeholders and internal staff
- Design, coordinate and oversee an internal communications system between managers, developers, sales agents and operations team members
- Management of the advertising of NWC2023 products, offerings, prices, procedures and policies
- Recognition of exceptional performances throughout the organisation
- Ensuring consistent communication of cultural values and purpose.
- Responsible for increasing profitability by elevating brand awareness, equity and positioning
- Drive the development of a marketing strategy to create a unique and powerful brand presence amongst all stakeholders including customers, sales agents, employees and investors
- Execute the marketing strategy
- Develop and report on measurable outcomes of the marketing initiatives undertaken
- Increase brand awareness amongst funders and potential applicants through management of external PR, website and social media platforms
- Develop and implement a sponsorship sales plan for maximising revenue streams in a cost-effective manner. Target objectives include increasing sponsorship sales and creating sponsorship products and licensing deals in order to meet or exceed the overall business objectives.
- Develop and implement a sponsorship budget to achieve the sponsorship plan.
- Develop, design and implement NWC2023 events in accordance with sponsor objectives.
- Develop, maintain and implement sponsorship program guidelines to increase sponsorship recruitment, satisfaction and support.
- Manages all sponsorship activities.
- Sponsor prospecting, proposal customization and presentation, contract revision and servicing, sponsor follow-up and support, event development and representing the Netball World Cup at related functions.
- Create and manage online sponsorship programs to ensure a steady stream of prospects and sales.
- Submit marketing plans, prospect activity and forecast reports to the Netball World Cup 2023 Board;
- Provide briefings to other interested parties.
- Manage, maintain and improve relationships with sponsors, agencies and relevant stakeholders.
- Assisting in securing of legal licencing, broadcasting rights, ticketing, merchandising and hospitality sponsorships.
The successful candidate must have:
- A Marketing degree or higher qualification
- Proven track record of success in a senior marketing role
- Proven track record of achieving targets, ideally in ticket sales
- Experience of CRM systems and digital marketing, including website management, display ads and AdWords
- Experience in the use of social media to drive marketing targets
- Experience in working with Senior Management, Partners, Stakeholders and Virtual Teams
- Creation and delivery of integrated marketing and communications plans
- Excellent communication, diplomatic and inter-personal skills; the ability to enthuse, negotiate and influence across a variety of forms of communication
- Excellent organisational skills; the ability to manage a project of scale, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Flexible approach to work, resilient and able to work under pressure
- Ability to think and act strategically as well as drive to act on own initiative
- Communications Systems experience
- Project Management experience
- Digital User Experience knowledge
- Budget Management experience
- Marketing Analytics and Measurement experience
- Comfortable and capable of operating without a full support team
- Knowledgeable on social media platforms, trends and technology
- Experience in design work and digital user experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and strict attention to detail is imperative.
- Must be able to use effect excellent judgment and work independently in a multi-task position with solid time-management and organizational skills.
- Availability to freely travel nationally and internationally to achieve the sponsorship objectives.
- Ability to effectively present to board of directors, customers, vendors, management, and other co-workers.
- Excellent problem solving and ability to solve a wide range of business & sponsorship problems.
- Able to comprehensively understand and utilize financial reports and legal documents to conduct business.
- Experience and understanding of Netball, sporting events and their operations.
- Excellent Microsoft Office ability.
All application to be sent to:
Closing date: 19 September 2022