– PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION ACT
By purchasing a ticket, you hereby acknowledged that you have read and accepted the following Protection of Personal Information disclaimer:
- You understand and agree that all information provided, whether personal or otherwise, may be used and processed by the owner of this platform, and such use may be include placing such information in possession of Netball World Cup 2023 (“NWC2023”) and its Partners for historical, statistical and research purposes;
- Further by continuing with purchasing a ticket, you specifically agree that the Company will use such information provided by you, irrespective of the nature of such information;
- Plankton shall take all reasonable measures to protect the personal information of users and for the purpose of this disclaimer “personal information” shall be defined as detailed in the Promotion of Access to information Act, Act 2 of 2000 (“PAIA”) and the Protection of Personal Information Act, Act of 4 of 2013 (“POPI”) which are available on www.gov.za/documents/acts.
- In terms of the POPI Act personal information will refer to the information that identifies or that relates specifically to you as a person (“data subject”) that has been provided to enable ticket purchasing.
Purpose of Consumer information:
- To render ticket services to the Consumer and administration thereof;
- To authenticate the identity of the consumer;
- To provide the Consumer with information which may be of interest to the Consumer in terms of the Netball World Cup 2023 event, such as awareness, marketing, promotions and such communication in respect of the NWC2023;
- To provide the records of the personal information for historical, statistical or research purposes to World Netball, which record World Netball may not use for any other purpose.
Storage of personal information:
- Personal information collected by NWC2023 will be stored in a secure and safe manner according to strict information security principles with safeguards to ensure its privacy and confidentiality.
- Personal information will not be stored for longer than is necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was collected, unless further retention of such information is required by law and/or contractual obligation, to perform the activities or functions for which it was provided, retained further with the data subject’s consent, after which the information will be deidentified and disposed of.
Sharing of personal information:
Any information supplied to NWC2023 will be treated as confidential and will not be disclosed unless legally permitted to do so. No information will be transferred to a Third Party that has not specifically been consented to by the data subject. By providing the personal information, the data subject consents that NWC2023 may transfer information to the following people and organisations in pursuit of the data processing:
- To the divisions and entities in NWC2023, including directors, employees, contractors, agents, auditors, legal and other professional advisors who are authorised to process this information.
- To persons employed by NWC2023 to provide services on our behalf and that adhere to principles similar to NWC2023 regarding the treatment of personal information;
- To any person to whom NWC2023 cede, delegate, transfer or assign any of our rights or obligations pertaining to products and/or services provided to the person or contracts concluded with the person;
- To any person who acts as legal guardian, executor of an estate, curator or in a similar capacity;
- To any person or persons who may be permitted by applicable law or that you may consent to.
As a data subject you have the following rights when your personal information is being collected, processed and stored by NWC2023:
- The right to have access to and the right to rectify or update the personal information collected;
- The right to object at any time to the processing of the personal information in which event the consequences of the objection might result in the ticket not being supplied to the data subject or any other such consequences as might arise from such objection;
- The right to request NWC2023 to no longer process the personal information of the data subject should the information not be required for further process or by law.
NWC2023 accepts no liability whatsoever for any loss, damage (whether direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential) and/or expenses of any nature whatsoever which may arise as a result of, or which may be attributable whether directly or indirectly from information made available on this ticketing platform, links, actions or transaction resulting therefrom.
The Laws of the Republic of South Africa will govern all terms and conditions of any ticket and or services contained on this ticketing platform.
Should the Consumer utilise the services of this ticketing platform, the Consumer consents and agrees to the jurisdiction of the South African Courts regarding all proceedings, actions, application or the like instituted by each party against the other, and in any way arising from any stated terms and conditions. If you do not agree to be by these terms, please exit this ticketing platform and do not proceed to access same.